Cette article est un miroir de la Newsletter originale. N’hésitez pas à vous Inscrire !
This week, seeing a movie cost 24€ in France but you can almost sleep on your chair … way more than Netflix HD for a full month !
✔️ An idea, an insight or a project ? Let’s talk !
We can do Innovation Workshop to better understand your busines requirement and frame a strategic roadmap for you innovations of 2023-2024.
- First Medicine Developed by Generative AI Enters Human Trials
- Musk announces new AI company that seeks to “understand the universe”
- The Risk of Simultaneous Crop Failures Worldwide
🧠 Articial Intelligence
- The Grammys, a US pop music award, has a new generative AI policy: ‘meaningful human contribution’ is required, so, as for synths and samples or indeed electric, you can use it as a tool.
- 5 learnings from classifying 500k customer messages with LLMs vs traditional ML
- AI Loses Its Mind After Being Trained on AI-Generated Data that’s what I explained with Mechanical Turk replaced by AI for labeling and so training data.
- Nagarro : How Generative AI Reflects the Michael Jordan Moment in Business
- Synthesizing Artistic Cinemagraphs from Text very cool results !
- Deepfake videos prompt false memories of films in half of participants. I dig around there is a lot of research paper on deepfake (and porn ! see reddit) and talking face (sad talker)
- Stability AI releases Stable Doodle, a sketch-to-image tool thats something to update my magic letter of santa !
- ML system design: 200 case studies to learn from seems very itneresting
🕹️ Alternate Realities
- Apple Vision headset delayed to 2026 weird that Apple show a prototype they can’t produce at scale. It will accelerate even more OLED display price cut.
- Nintendo may enter the metaverse, but not now. I think the same, 3D is not ready we are like in 2000 with the web. Lack of standard, etc … The metaverse is dead
- Google’s AR software leader is out over the company’s ‘unstable commitment and vision’
- MediaPipe: Enhancing Virtual Humans to be more realistic I really believe in MediaPipe for years.
- Aura Blockchain (LVMH) Consortium to support Christian Dior Couture
- Meta Introduces ‘Super Resolution’ Feature for Improved Quest Visuals
- Snap wants to look into your eyes to determines “gaze direction” to generate content when wearing a pair of AR glasses.
- AmazeVR Concerts review: Zara Larsson’s performance is a nice one to watch
🤖 Internet of Things
- Meta wants to listen to your heart. The company is seeking to patent an in-ear device for “monitoring cardiac activity.” (via PatentDrop)
- BMW Motorrad presents ConnectedRide Smartglasses.
- New algorithm helps robots avoid collisions
- Google’s medical AI chatbot is already being tested in hospitals. I worked on that topic few years ago. The UX/Social is part for the challenge.
- NFTs, avatars, and 3D gaming experiences: Sephora preps return of SEPHORiA: House of Beauty event
- Ozempic has fast become the most in-demand diabetes drug in the US
- National Geographic reportedly lays off its last staff writers
- New AI translates 5,000-year-old cuneiform tablets instantly
- Why engineers should focus on writing so true ! so hard to do it …
- How the design of Disney parks affects our perspective
- Predictions for 2030 a lot of inspiration !
💡 Do It Yourself
- Getting Started with Vector Databases in Node.js
- Discussing the tastier side of desktop 3d printing an other very good idea to dig for a tech event 🙂
- Reversing Mac Donald’s table beacon … very impressive ! So they do trilateration.
- LockHunter is a foolproof file unlocker can be usefull
- These fake nixie tubes have a bootup screen
- Magical Water Painting Pen, Dropshipping / Ads on Twitter but I like the idea, need to think about with Generative AI ? Doodle ? Magic ?
Medias (Audio & Video)
- Netflix invents new green-screen filming method using magenta light
Interesting, they improve the edge delta, and fix back the color.
- 🇫🇷 MetaMedia (by FranceTV) excellent newsletter with now a paper on trending topics
- 🇫🇷 Sextoy stratup use ChatGPT to tell erotic story (follow the trend of Podcast ?)
- Drone Award 2023 very impressive !
- mystery-⚙️-matic daily murder to solve
- Microsoft wins FTC fight to buy Activision Blizzard very important with all the knowledge for the metaverse.
- 🇫🇷 Wolverine’s Adamantium Claws
Chiffres & Quotes
- 93% loss on NFT Bored of Apes
I told you for months … but journalist, podcaster … dont do due dilligence … and dont listen to people around them.
- 🇫🇷 200 000 km2 of storm North/East of France
- 87% of classic games are out of print. That’s a problem for gaming history.